The Shire (Hobbit Love) | Teen Ink

The Shire (Hobbit Love)

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

Hello, I am a Hobbit
Welcome to the Shire
Yes, the weather may be cold
But my heart is set on fire
There’s a boy who lives down the boulevard
Who means a lot to me
But since I’m nothing special
I don’t think he’d ever love me
I’ve talked to him a few times though
He’s actually, somehow my friend
And what I’ve learned about him is
He doesn’t want to stay in the Shire until the end
Once, he told me he has bigger dreams
Of living in a bigger town
And I couldn’t imagine being without him
On my face there instantly formed a frown
I never thought I’d leave the Shire
The home that had been nothing but good to me
But when that boy told me he was heading to town
The rebel inside me broke free
And I decided, yes, I am a Hobbit
But the Shire doesn’t define me
My choices are what build me into who I am
And I’m only who I am where there’s him and me
So yes, this Hobbit is leaving the Shire
Though you are welcome to stay
If the one you love is near the village
Your home is never far away.

Thank you! and for sure!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

You're Welcome! It was one of my favourites to read ...Maybe you could check out some of my poetry. and stuff..... I think you might like it... :P

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. This was one of my favourites to write :)

- Maya Angelou

That is super! Too good. I love this poem. Especially since it's so true and speaks to all adventure seekers and those upon whom adventures are thrust. This poem is wonderful!