Common Judge | Teen Ink

Common Judge

By The_End GOLD, Ashton, Idaho
The_End GOLD, Ashton, Idaho

"Any man can stand adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln

These human hands have potential,
To ignite, incite, induce,
Those polar feelings we love to find,
Like love's unlikely truce.
These human eyes have always pierced,
The soul, the sin, the sane,
And now we wear a judges garb,
Judge the guilty and the vain.

I wrote this because every high schooler has got to go through that stage where they try to decide who their true friends are. It also has to do with just how easily we all express our judgments of others in school.

Simplemelody GOLD, Otisco, Indiana

May the sun always shine on your windowpane; May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain; May the hand of a friend always be near you; May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

This is so very true. It seems that in every stage in life we have to choose who fits us more, who are we closest to, who shares the closets values, and it seems at times we have to judge others in this life just to get by. This is very well written. Great job!

dontforget GOLD, Cortland, New York

"The best things in life are left unseen. That's why we close our eyes when we cry, kiss, and dream."

Wow! I generally love the idea for this piece in the first place, but the way it flows and expresses it so beautifully captivated me. It's true how we all judge what people are capable of and such. Great work!

poetic.eyes PLATINUM, Everson, Washington

eARTh

yes, very true! I especially liked how you put the 5th to last line !! :)

LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana

"Don't let your fears slow you down. Instead, chase them down and beat them."

Though it is short, it is so true! You took the everyday struggle of people being judged and made it into a poem. Exceptional:) 5/5 stars