found among butterflies | Teen Ink

found among butterflies

By Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

no, no more running

tear from this cavity and

sell me a feeling

Things have been floating through my head, butterfly-style. I don't know what to say.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you, Abigail. I also really like when people take different views on my pieces. They're open for everyone's interpretation.

on Jun. 8 2015 at 11:54 am
ABIGAIL.S PLATINUM, Trenton, Ohio

"only you can start a change you want"

I love that people can read this and take it in many different ways. I love that what I got from reading it could have been different from what someone else did.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you very much, Luv.

on Jun. 7 2015 at 10:54 am
Luv4Ever SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

A miracle is just another name for hard work
-Minho in "To The Beautiful You"

Your spacing here gives the haiku a light delicate feeling, good job ^^

on Jun. 7 2015 at 2:03 am
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

It is actually a partner piece to 'finding', if that's what you're referring to. And you can take it any way you wish, it's rather versatile.

on Jun. 6 2015 at 12:38 am
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

I'm not sure how I was supposed to take it, but in the way I did, I could relate XD it's interesting, and with the one I read before this, It could fit well lol good job

on Apr. 21 2015 at 7:36 am
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you, Robot. I've been doing my best to write, and this just popped into my head while listening to butterfly-related music, so I'm afraid it's rather random.

RobotPenn. SILVER, El Paso, Texas

"Profound change is cumulative."

Lovely, as always. I love the reference to butterflies. The title is as much a part of the story as the poem. And, as always, you've proven that one doesn't need 3,000 words to make a story. Gorgeous, Just gorgeous. :)