“Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?” | Teen Ink

“Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?” MAG

By nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Ruling as queen in
A post-apocalyptic
World. Bow before me.

Inspired by a question that came up during a job interview.

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Oye, I'm sorry I haven't replied 'till now. Maybe I did by writing you a comment on one of your things but I'm not sure, so I feel rude! Thank you, thank you thank you. You make my face do this ^_^ with your praise. I got a job at my cousin's haunted furniture store and that was my favorite job ever until I moved out of town! Now I work at a dry cleaners.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Firstly MANY Congratulations on being Published! Secondly I absolutely am stunned as to how powerful this piece of poetry is. ABSOLUTELY STUNNED. P.s. Good luck with the interviews!

on Apr. 1 2015 at 11:55 am
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

I love this poem. Hope to see you ruling soon!

Lalupu PLATINUM, Springfield, Illinois

"Scars just mean you were stronger than whatever tried to kill you."

---Author Unknown

Shame. I hope you get the next job. I really like this, though. You're very talented. Please write more!!!

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Haha, thank you! I did not. It was at a nursing home an hour and a half away from my home and they were reluctant to hire me because they probably wouldn't be able to make it worth the gas.

Lalupu PLATINUM, Springfield, Illinois

---Author Unknown

THIS…I have no words. I wish I knew you. So…did you get the job?