escape hatches | Teen Ink

escape hatches

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

escape hatches are
everywhere; in stars and eyes
chipped mugs, old friends and late nights

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Facepalm. XD I try to decipher the meaning of most poem. The problems with most poems here is that they have no meaning. Or they're just so bad (forgive me other readers and fellow writers) or not deep enough that I don't really have to try to decipher those poems. Your poems, however, are full of meaning. They're not bland; in the midst in those lyrical and TASTY words (hahaha) there's so much meaning. And as to the last part, I've been known for being excessively detailed with my writing, ever since I was young. So if you're challenging me....challenge accpeted? XD As to the 3 A.M. thing, I'm not sure. I mean, that is somewhat stalker-ish. Ah h*ll, forget the -ish. It is! But I probably might. O_O Love ya too, you talented sista. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

It's a haikuuu, I just clicked the wrong button, haha. Dude, you, you always extract the meaning from my poetry so far beyond what I see in it. It's like if I drooled in a petri dish just for the hell of it and you showed up at my doorstep at three am with a sixteen-page report on its chemical content, ahaha. I love you bro xD

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

To me, this poem is talking about how people find some escape from reality in anything they can find. Some in stars or the eyes—perhaps of some unknow stranger? O_O—chipped mugs, as in coffee so they don't sleep, or as some people even drink wine or beer or whatever from mugs; old friends in order to forget the new problems. Or even the old exes, just for the h*ll of it. Or late nights which can be taken any way anyone wants to. I'm puzzled though by the structure of the poem. I'm not sure if it's 5,7,5 or some other structure. Or if I'm counting wrong. Regardless, it's amazing. Congrats, friend, on receiving another Editors' Choice! Who could be more worthy?