holy haiku | Teen Ink

holy haiku

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

i found more on Life
in seventeen syllables
than in god's bible

I didn't capitalize god, because I don't want it to specify one god. In this poem, the god is universal, so is the bible. Only Life could be capitalized.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Beat, perhaps? Anywho, thank you. And haikus are like miniature Bibles. By the way, that haiku sounds powerful and soooooooooooooo amazing. (Jeez, I need to stop using that word too much.) Thank you, amiiiiiiiggggggggaaaaaaaaaaa.

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

Haikus are tiny little Bibles. Totally. The smallest pearls of wisdom, the most difficult poem to write. I read one once- forget who wrote it, someone American and famous- but it goes like this- "Making jazz swing in seventeen syllables AIN'T no square poet's job." This reminded me of that. Keep it up, friiieeennnddd :)