On Capturing Life with Seventeen Syllables | Teen Ink

On Capturing Life with Seventeen Syllables

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

To capture life with
seventeen syllables is
not impossible.

And with seventeen
more you can stretch those words to
capture one bit more.

Haiku fascinate me. Therefore, I thought I'd write a haiku on behalf of the genre.

BThomas1313 SILVER, Vanceburg, Kentucky

"There are much greater things ahead than any we might leave behind" ~C.S. Lewis

I really like the idea of this haiku and how you expanded it into two! :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm so happy that happened. (Hopes it keeps happening.) That's how I discover other writers as well. Thank you. And yes, not all haikus should be one stanza. Completely agree with you. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you for the feedback and encouragement. I will try to continue writing as long as I can, as difficult as it is most of the time. And keep trying with the form haiku. It's difficult at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's all you'll be writing for quite some time. (Lately, I've had an immence amount of haikus that I've been writing.) Thank you, Superhero_Fan.

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Titles are very important. Want to know how I found this peice? I subscribed to Superhero_Fan and he commented and creepy as it is I got an email about it. The title intreaged me so I read. I love what you've done! Two hiakus make one! Rock on! I'm glad someone else had the same idea as me (I once wrote a really, really, long love poem constucted by like...7ish hiakus?) Five stars!!!

Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Oops! 'Syllables'! Sorry.

Good job! I've never been good at haikus. Probably because I'm not good with syllibles! I hope to read more of your haikus soon. Keep writing!