Wisteria | Teen Ink

Wisteria

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

A nebula of
of mauve-hued stars hangs heavily
on a low thin branch;

soon that branch will break,
and a shower of shooting
stars will fall on us.

Wisteria flowers are gorgeous. Side note: mind the image: I couldn't find a wisteria image here.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm glad this poem captured your curiosity. Thanks. 

DawnieRae BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
i love this poem, so short and wonderful! (As soon as i read this i looked up wisteria flowers. They are absolutly gorgeous!!!) 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

thank you so much, writefearless. I appreciate the feedback.

writefearless SILVER, Manila, Other

scare your fear before it scares you.

oh! this is sooo beautiful. the metaphor is so brilliant, the wisteria as a nebula that will soon be falling stars, plus the wonderful imagery. lovely piece :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow...Thank you so much, Liv. I'm not worthy of such praise. Thank you. Honestly, sometimes I think I didn't choose the right words to conbey what my complicated and distorted mind is thinking. I try really hard, even though I hate editing. I hate hate hate it. Detest it. I feel that sometimes it takes away the "rawness" of the poem. But it's essential. So to see that someone appreciates it so much so like you just amazes me. And motivates me to continue writing, even though it's hard sometimes. Thank you forever, Liv. 

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Great poem! I saw wisteria over he weekend at the garden near my house. It was so pretty because they laced it through an entrance way and it hung down like little purple chandeliers and it smelled absolutely gorgeous! I am kinda a flower person, but my allergies keep me away from them during allergy season. Anyway, back to the poem ;) terrific word choice, honestly, you just pick the best words. I mean, no one else. Know would say "mauve-hued" or "a nebula of" I feel that you have a very mature way of choosing your words, because your work sounds like it could be found in a Proffesional poets book. And all you did was write about a flower. That's kinda why I am addicted to your poetry so much, I guess it is because you write with such maturity and honestly your work impresses the hell out of me. So cheers to you for another 5/5 ranked poem. Wonderful job. Keep rockin:forever and always

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I think i will one of these days, when I'm not with my family. Otherwise, they'll think I finally lost all sanity. But I will...if they smaell like awesome-sauce.

Scarlett_the_pegacorn BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Don't tell me how to live my life; I do what I want.

Well, u need to pull the freaking car over and sniff them. (sounds weird, doesnt it?) because, as I said, they smell like awesome sauce. :3

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Really? I've never smelled them. I got the idea, becuase I see them on my way to church. That's how. Glad you love it. And said aweseom sauce. I love that sauce.

Very pretty. descriptive, and short. my kind of poem. ;3 PS: wisterias smell like awsum sauce.  

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks so much. 

AugustSummerFling PLATINUM, Mylapore, Chennai, Other

'For you, a thousand times over.' - Hassan, The Kite Runner

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.

Wow this was beautiful. Simple and sweet.