Your Hands | Teen Ink

Your Hands

By clairexaudrey PLATINUM, Bethel, Connecticut
clairexaudrey PLATINUM, Bethel, Connecticut

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
-Elizabeth Kubler Ross

Sometimes I wonder
If we're all in a snow globe
And God's holding us.

I always had the image of God holding us in a snow globe so that we're calm, but He can also shake up our world, so that it's madness. All the while, we're still in the palm of His hand, and He's watching over us always.

-Elizabeth Kubler Ross

Thanks to all of you! I am my toughest critic, so it's nice to know when other people appreciate my work!

MRose911 GOLD said...
MRose911 GOLD, Paradise, Utah

"No boy is worth crying over and the one who is won't make you cry." - Sarah Kane

This is awesome!! It really is amazing how much poetry convey in so little amount of words! Impossible questions always seem to get my brain going :P

soccer_star4GOD SILVER, Bradford, Kentucky
Girl! I'm lovin' this poem!! It's so simple but I love it! "He's got the whole world in His hands" :D

-Elizabeth Kubler Ross

(: Thanks! I didn't think much of it when I originally wrote it. To be honest, I just wanted a caption for my facebook profile picture. And that sounded cool in my mind. Haha. Then, when I got around to putting it in a haiku-form, I started to realize the depth the message could have. Funny how words can do that. (:

kmarie14 PLATINUM, Hyrum, Utah

"Life is either an adventure...or nothing" -Helen Keller

Love it! :) its stuff like that that I can talk to people about for hours just asking questions nobody knows the answer too

-Elizabeth Kubler Ross

I meant "shaking up" as in the way that we view death or natural disasters. Some people often question why God would do things like that to their lives. It's all about perception. And thanks to both of you (:

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

I love this idea, but I don't think he's shaking the world up, so much as we keep doing it ourselves.

teenagemutantme BRONZE, Ilwaco, Washington

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind:)

I like this a lot:)