Sisters | Teen Ink

Sisters

By Jane_P PLATINUM, San Clemente, California
Jane_P PLATINUM, San Clemente, California

When asked about race...

"Well, when I went to the bathroom I was Russian, and when I came out I was Finnish."

or, alternatively:

"Irish I could tell you."

A hairbrush broken
But friendship never withers
The soul of sisters

Dedicated to my loved twin. :)

S_Oehvren_ said...
S_Oehvren_, San Clemente, California
Yours, too, Gabriela.  God does need our love.  I never thought about it that way.

Gabriela said...
Love that quote from St. Theresa on simplicity.  I will add, God also needs our love. :D

S_Oehvren_ said...
S_Oehvren_, San Clemente, California
Simplicity can be the most elegant form of beauty, like silence the most striking of sounds. 

When asked about race...

or, alternatively:

"Irish I could tell you."

I know. I think the key to enjoying life is to appreciate the little things along the way.

"Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts. Neither intelligence nor talents. He cherishes simplicity." St. Theresa of Lisieux.

Gabriela said...
Savannah, although your late Aunt Linda was 6 years older than me, we were very close, and you have captured the sister relationship beautifully.  The simplest things -- like sharing a hair brush -- highlight the intimacy between sisters that can scarcely ever be replicated outside family life.  Well done, and thank you!

S_Oehvren_ said...
S_Oehvren_, San Clemente, California
Irresistible forces, immovable objects, both of you no doubt.   Haiku best exemplifies poetry as the art of metaphors. 

When asked about race...

or, alternatively:

"Irish I could tell you."

Well, if you've ever seen sisters fight over a hairbrush or something else equally stupid (but yet so important!), you'll know what I mean. I guess if you want to speak in metaphors the hairbrush represents a simple fight, but sisters love each other forever, no matter what.

When asked about race...

or, alternatively:

"Irish I could tell you."

Thanks! You have a twin sister too? That is so amazing. Twin sisters are the best for sure. Thanks again for your comment, it's very well appreciated. I particularly like this haiku most. ^^

S_Oehvren_ said...
S_Oehvren_, San Clemente, California
I meant did the hairbrush "represent" or serve as the vehicle for some other conflict.

S_Oehvren_ said...
S_Oehvren_, San Clemente, California
Very intriguing work.  What was so special about the hairbrush, or did the hairbrush a vehicle in some other conflict?  Keep up the great work!

aub13zzz said...
i love it! i have two older sisters, not to mention a twin sis as well! i can totally connect with the meaning of the haiku... i thought it was nice and simple, and very lovely... keep up the good work! :)