moonlit meadow | Teen Ink

moonlit meadow

By halls SILVER, Harrison City, Pennsylvania
halls SILVER, Harrison City, Pennsylvania

First day of winter
the night is turning colder
the stillness is gone

The little brown fawn
dashed through the glistening meadow
in the moonlit snow.

writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"it's impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all-in which case you fail by default."
-J.K.Rowling

I really like this! It's really peaceful and beautiful...the picture that comes to my mind when I read this poem is clear and lovely.  Would you mind checking out my work if you get a chance...I would really aprreicate some feedback. Thanks! But anyway, this poem is awesome!

dia.dreamer GOLD, Kochi, Other

"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." - Michelangelo
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am." - Sylvia Plath

it sounds magical!! I really liked it, and I would have loved it more if you followed the syllable rule in the second stanza...there are 8 syllables in the second line of the second stanza.. but still awesome job. keep writing! :) and check out my stuff.

halls SILVER said...
thank you this was also my favorite

rimelb said...
Of the four contributions of yours that I read, this is my favorite. When I read the second part (about the fawn) I felt like I was a silent observer on this scene and I truly felt surrounded by the peace of nature. I wonder what you meant by "the stillness is gone" in your first stanza though. I feel like snow and winter brings on stillness, rather than takes it away.