High School | Teen Ink

High School

By cierra.gardner BRONZE, MACON, Georgia
cierra.gardner BRONZE, MACON, Georgia

Oh look, another year that I continue to put up this front to keep from collapsing under the stress of building up my walls of success. These routine halls are filled with druggies, alcoholics, and very few intellectual human beings. Their pipes leak dreams of them being wealthy without having to apply themselves. The bottoms of their bottles tell them it's ok to be disrespectful to every human being who think differently than their narrow minds do. Their unused condoms tell a tragic story of their own and the girls reek of hopeless romanticism and lack of self respect. Love if you could even call it "love" is an empty promise for most. Friendship means nothing to adolescents nowadays it's what you can do for them and how you can make them look better. So you could see where social interaction is difficult for me. In most cases I don't speak at all and rarely does someone take it upon themselves to speak to me. I'm not worthy of their time and they certainly aren't worthy of mine because I know of the bad intentions that lurk within their minds, but you see I'm wasting away. I'm not a “normal” teenager I'm not invited to New Years parties or any parties for that matter and if I were I wouldn't belong. I’m merely the Vincent Van Gogh of my time, I'm thought of as strange maybe even crazy. It seems I'm standing on the outside of things looking at everyone else live their lives. I just don't want to wake up 30 years from now, miserable, wondering what stopped me from experiencing my youth and yet I have found my answer. I live my life throughout books and 90s movies. I want something that's so perfect and exciting that's scripted but that wouldn't be living either so cheers to the teenage years.