In The Long-Run | Teen Ink

In The Long-Run

September 18, 2016
By Shcamoodels PLATINUM, Westover, West Virginia
Shcamoodels PLATINUM, Westover, West Virginia
24 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't like it, don't read it," said someone out there in the world once.


She was always there for me. Even when I thought that everything was over because of how bad the fight was, she always came back around to say that she loved me. She’s endured all my vexatious behaviours throughout all the years and will still continue to until I move out. It’s just the way life is.

I can remember the beat of her heart when I put my head on her chest for her comfort, ensuring me that everything would be okay in the long-run. The warmth of her hugs when I thought I was having the worst day possible and she told me that everything would be okay in the long-run. The way she cared about me when I thought she didn’t, and her smile told me that everything would be okay in the long-run.

Everything would always be okay.

It’s hard to try and understand how to control her sometimes when she lashes out. Fear runs through your body and you’re paralyzed in place debating on whether to say something or just cry. But it’s in everyone’s human nature to get mad and yell. So I’m understanding towards her.

And I know that everything will be okay.

Despite all the bad memories, good ones will always form in the future. All the fights will be forgiven. All the tantrums will be faded. All the snares and hatred will be forgotten. And even in the dying moments of when she takes her last breath, I’ll be there to hold her hand.

I’ll be there to tell her that everything will be okay in the long-run.

Because that’s what she always told me.

And mothers always know best.


The author's comments:

I wrote this as an early birthday present for my mom and when I gave it to her, she teared up.