Meditation | Teen Ink

Meditation

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Snow falls in great white blossoms to the sea, 

budding slowly as they fall and disappear,

but they turn into stars -

shining in the daytime, as well in the night, 

drenched in sunlight, becoming sunlight 

in a strange green darkness of sea;

and I lay on an ocean of stars,

on beds of breathing waves,

looking up to something more and beautiful

and seeing paths of gold in the sky,

leading to home, leading to heaven

as the sun sets and dies. 

A flower is stirred and a star is troubled,

and useless rage is tempered by patience,

by a great ring of pure and endless light 

that blinds the the darkness in my heart 

and kills inside of me

what needs to be dead, what needs to die.

Eyes are closed and fingers brush the sky, 

and a broken heart heals -

hope like an open, eternal flower.

Inspired by many things, but truly just inspired by my God. 

See me, 

hear me,

listen to me, 

and understand me 

as best as you can 

without any filter. 

-n.l.s.p.k.

Oh, yay. That makes me so happy, hearing that. ^_^ Physics, wow. I have always been interested in physics and have thought of majoring in physics when I'm in college because I want to major in a science and, well, physics has always captured me. ^_^ I heard though that physics is like a higher form of math, and I'm not very good at math, haha; and I need to major in a different science to be a doctor, haha. But besides those random things I'm saying, haha, it makes me happy and glad that you are doing prretty great and you are passing to your second year of college, studying physics. ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

I'm so happy to know that you're doing good and that you're taking care of yourself, cuz you surely deserve every good thing in this life ^___^ As for me, I'm doing pretty great actually, I graduated from high school last year and I'm in college now, passing to my 2nd year (I'm studying Physics by the way

I am doing alright as I can be, taking one step at a time; taking care of myself as best as I can and know how to - I hope though that you're doing great as well. Take care of yourself too, ja? ^_^ I am trying to do that, to believe for myself. But my friend, who is truly gifted too, take care of yourself too, be safe. ^_^

on Jun. 3 2016 at 8:55 am
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Dear Emily, I've missed you too so much... It's been so long. You are more than welcome my dear sister ^____^ I hope you're doing great darling ;) Take care of yourself. Believe in your capabilities, you surely can reach your dearest dreams, you just have to keep faith in yourself... You truly are gifted ^___^

@TheComet ! I've missed you. It's so good to hear from you. :) You're welcome, also. Thank you for the encouragement and for being able to connect, to understand. I'm thankful for the encouragement and that you can easily picture yourself through my words and that you could relate and understand. ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

I truly understand how you're feeling here!!! I can totally relate ;) I mean, it's just so easy to get lost in this universe when you give yourself the chance to, when you open your eyes to the real simple beauty in this life, when you accept what you're given and be thankful and when you simply allow yourself to enjoy the simple little moments of joy that this life can bring... I can easily picture myself through your words ^____^ So thank you so much for sharing this, it's an incredibly beautiful and stunning poem... Keep up the great work my dear and let the world be amazed ;)