Finding love | Teen Ink

Finding love

January 17, 2016
By AmeliaGam BRONZE, Hillsboro, New Hampshire
AmeliaGam BRONZE, Hillsboro, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it's contained.- President Snow from the Hunger Games


Life.
You gave me life again.
I had been walking around, and my heart wasn’t beating, you saved me.
Your life was like CPR to my achy heart.
You breathed the warmness of love into my mouth, and it traveled into my body and poured into my heart.
Lost.
I was lost in a world full of order.
Everyone had a place to go, someone to be with, but I was lost.
Wandering you grabbed my hand with love and gave me order.
Helpless.
It was like what you see in the movies.
I would walk past the coffee shop windows and see the happy couples closely connecting.
While many couples were closely connecting, I was closely connecting to Facebook.
Lonely.
I walked alone.
Sat alone.
I pretty much did everything alone until you came along.
Love.
You showed me what love feels like.
What love looks like.
What love tastes like.
Love feels, happy, giddy, warm, and inviting.
Like a log cabin.
Love looks like glancing over at your loved one to see that they are already looking, no not looking staring at you, like they are infatuated and in love with every little detail of your body.
Love tastes sweet,  like all of your favorite fatty foods, but without gaining any weight.
Love is food to the soul, sugar to the tongue, music to the ears, and all of your favorite things in one.
Love is you, I love you.


The author's comments:

I was inspired to write this because a book called Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, by Benjamin Alire Saenz. In one part of the book Airstotle talks about how he was once in boy scouts but hated it. He remembers learning about CPR and enjoying it though, he was intrigued because he found it amazing that with a simple procedure you could make someones heart beat again. So I took what he said and I thought about it and used it metaphorically, in a sense of someone loving you can make your broken, or sad heart beat again.