7 Bright Lights | Teen Ink

7 Bright Lights

By ivan6 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
ivan6 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who mesmerize me. I am the only one who admires them. Seven bright lights with intense power and a bone chilling dance. Seven, silently speak to the emptiness of night. Seven vibrant colors emitted by unknown technology. From my window, we can see them, but we could never understand them.

Their purpose is encoded. They disperse powerful rays above the sky. They shoot up and they trail down and captures your mind, trapping you in a cage of levity and relief, as the hues change throughout your prison of evolving ideas. This is what they do.
Let one forget his reason, we’d know then what they want, each with their arms around the other. Think, think, think they shout when I see. They Read to us.
When I am finally there, and too dizzy to keep watching, when I am a blind walker exposed to many thoughts, then all i see is lights. When there is purpose left upon a soul, upon one we would like to know. Seven breakthrough the shield of ignorance . Seven who teach and do not forget to teach. Seven whose purpose is yet to be and be known.