The Words I Spoke | Teen Ink

The Words I Spoke

By BrittaneyPeacock DIAMOND, Houston, Texas
BrittaneyPeacock DIAMOND, Houston, Texas

"Be yourself and never change for no one, If they can't except you for you then don't have them".
"Go after your dreams, do whatever it takes to get there and never let go". "Live life to the fullest cause there is never tomorrow".

Only If the words I spoke I could take back, and never speak what I have spoke, I would take it all back

but It won't, the road from here is a dark cloudy one full of so much not even a word is spoke, I feel broke but I need you to know what I spoke I would take back, now knowing the impact it has hacked to make this all weird,

I walk this road alone for it is so cold, I drown in my thoughts and wish I had never said those words I spoke it made me feel broke, New day, new line but the words that came to my mind I already spoke and now I don't know, It's so cold walking a dark road with no word that has yet to be spoke, I tell you though the words I spoke I'd take back If I knew then what I do now, I will say this again and again I'm sorry I ever spoke.

What inspired me to write this poem was something personal to me, I had said things to someone that meant a lot ot me, and then later on I regretted that I had said the truth. There is two different ways to look at it, you have the side where you say things purposely to effect the other person with intent on hurting them then you later regret it, then you also have where you maybe angry or have some kind of emotion and you say things you didn't mean and then live to regret that, and then the second side you have where you intent to tell things to the person but you want them to know truth feeling etc, and If they don't reply it can hurt and make you regret being honest with the words you spoke. I put myself in that situation and with me writing this is was my way of saying I was sorry for what I had spoke if I could take it back I would but not because I didn't mean the words I had said but because now I see what the outcome of that choice was. So that's what inspired me to write this and everyone can relate to it.