Silence | Teen Ink

Silence

By V0LA7ILE SILVER, Lewisville, Texas
V0LA7ILE SILVER, Lewisville, Texas

Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it was silent? I don’t just mean silent as in no music, or voices… I mean no sound whatsoever. I realize deaf people already know what it feels like. But only to a certain point… Sound isn’t just heard, it’s also felt. Afterall, sound is vibration… What if one day everything just went dead silent? Everything. That buzzing noise your refrigerator makes when it’s running, the busy streets and roads suffused with running cars, exhaust fuming and escaping the vehicles, voices everywhere, overlapping one another, all of this, that you take for granted, what if one day it just disappears? What happens then? Madness? The end? Would time finally freeze because you wouldn’t hear the ticking of the clock? What?

You never think about these simple things, because in reality these simple things aren’t actually all that simple. Not when you dig deeper, because all that is simple is all that we know, what we don’t question, what we won’t miss. That is, not until it’s truly gone. Could you ever imagine life being so unequivocally silent?

starlinelove BRONZE, Chaparral, New Mexico

Life asked Death "why do people love me but Hate you" and death responded " because your are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth"

*mind explodes* damn the realization is amazing and wow keep writing