Loving Grandmother | Teen Ink

Loving Grandmother

December 12, 2014
Thefanatasticagirlie101 SILVER, Euless, Texas
6 articles 0 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our mind. That's what I hope to give you forever." ~The Notebook


Delicate, dainty, and brown                                                       Are the hands of a loving grandmother.                                 Everyone who has been mesmerized by her hypnotizing trance,   Will say it’s a blessing upon themselves.                                                                         Although death is slowly starting to creep on her like the pessimist it is                                                                             She still holds her head high with dignity unknown to others.                                                                                               The cold and metallic gray charm bracelet she wears                                                                                                                  Helps settle her uneasiness that sits in the pit of her stomach, like the seeds inside an apple.                                   As she slowly twirls her engraved matrimonial ring on her index finger                                                                          Symbolizing her eternal love life.                                                                                                                                                  When her younglings come to prance and play                                                                                                     Their chatter makes the grandmother chuckle softly, with delight .                                                                                                   All gathered around in a circle,waiting, are the young children                                                                                                She tells them a story of love, greediness, and happiness                                                                          Then sends them off to enjoy a hearty meal.                                                                                                                        She stirs the pot, and gives each youngling an oversized portion of her famous chili,                                                 While wonderful and exotic smells sting the noses of the young children.                                                              And the warmth that it radiates,                                          Comes only from her.                                                                                                                                                  When all is said and done,                                                                                                                          She gives her younglings embraces that have an essence,                                                               Of velvety sugar blossomed right out of a red carnation.                                                                                             The parents of the younglings all give her compliments on the                                                                                                            Ruby red roses printed on her cream colored dress                                                                                               She thanks them with a wink of her eye,                                                                                                          Dismissing each and every one of them one-by-one.                                                                                                                Before slumber arrives,                                                                                                                                       Clear colored tears start to drip slowly down her chiseled cheekbones                                                                                      As she reminisces about her last moments on this heavenly world                                                                          Since every step she takes, leads to her ultimate doom.                                                                                                                    At last, she finds her own inner-peace                                                                                               Knowing that she is destined                                                                                                                        To be,                                                                                                                                                                    Everyone’s caretaker.                                                                 


The author's comments:

I thought of a young brown lady, and this just came out of my head. I'm not the best writer, so don't hate on me

0