Me, the girl | Teen Ink

Me, the girl

November 19, 2014
By Yasmin128 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
Yasmin128 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
4 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"“How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.”
-Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel


Yes I am a girl, I am strong and powerful, I am smart and succesfull, I am cofident and I keep my head up among the people. Us girls we need to take the future and leave the past behind, no matter we shall not look back. we sacrficed time, energy and our souls to society. We hold society together, we bring happiness and honor to our familes, we shall not suffer. Yes, girls deserve better, their are described as shining diamonds in the dark sky, We girls light up the dark night sky, we have the light for men to see the future. we should not  be stuck in dark path but we should be runing to the light. Us girls, have dreams, visions and hopes, and we are not letting anyone take that away from us.


The author's comments:

I love to write poems and books so that inspired me to write this poem. what inspired me to write this poem is how girls are, and how they are letting them down, i want all the girls in the world to proud who they are and that they are someone.