Uncomfortable Realizations | Teen Ink

Uncomfortable Realizations

By Lafaye BRONZE, Bonifay, Florida
Lafaye BRONZE, Bonifay, Florida

“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.”-Mahatma Gandhi

One day it hit me, like a boulder from nowhere. People change whether you want them to or not. People grow. People move on. But what hurts the most is how much I haven't noticed your change. I've been sidetracked by the excitement, blinded by "love". But when I decided to wake up from my beautiful slumber, I saw far too much of what I didn't want to see... you're so much more different than you used to be. I was so fully in love I'd do anything, but now?....Its just one of those moments when you realize more than you want to....where you wish you could still be blind to the faults in the other person, where you wish you were still naive.

It's like buying a bouquet of fake flowers and expecting them to look the same forever, and then one day you come home and realize that those flowers are actually real and almost dead....it makes you wish you had never even looked....

"...Everything is not as it seems..."

Lafaye BRONZE said...
Lafaye BRONZE, Bonifay, Florida

Thanks! I havent been on here in MONTHS lol. :)

Theraforever PLATINUM, Dubuque, Iowa

And still I rise.

I like this message. and can relate. I would have loved to see more imagery but still I enjoyed he poem, never stop writing! :)