broken butterfly | Teen Ink

broken butterfly

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

these glass bones

can easily feel,
the cold fingers
grasping
the smoothness
of my ice bones;
my heart frozen.

my ache
inside me
a part of me,
inside my bones;
this soreness
i'm used too.

my heart
a frozen butterfly,
the wings tied;
this is
a broken butterfly,
that you see.

but
even though,
this winged
creature
might be trapped
in my
ice skeleton,
in this frozen land

this butterfly
can't help,
but fly
even if on
broken wings;
and though she might
never touch they sky;
she was meant to fly,
for she has wings.

and though
maybe fragile,
she's still strong;
fly with me.
for there's no
gravity.

I was inspired by a writer here on Teen Ink, WynterPage95. I was inspired by that person and their book that the person had written: http://www.teenink.com/novels/romance/book/97170/Broken-Butterflies/ . A romance story, which I hope the writer, Wynter continues. Hope ya'll like it and enjoy it. As I wrote this I wrote this from my inspirations, but also from my experiences, thoughts and feelings. Thank you, ya'll. 

Aw, thank you, so much! Your really means, a lot. :) Thank you, again. 

lastingbreath16 DIAMOND, Lake Alfred, Florida

screw it all if life gives u lemons do what ever you feel the need to do with them.

You truely are a beutiful poet and this was sad and meaningful and just so pretty, really love your writing!

Thank you, so much. :) Your comment means a lot and has helped me too. :) Also, I will, thank you. :) Thank you again. :)

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
This is a beautiful poem; well done! Keep it up! I think the last stanza's my favorite :)

Thank you so much, Liv.Harris. Haha, I wasn't expecting anyone to comment on my writings for a little bit, but then. I guess you weren't expecting to me comment on so many, of your writings. Thank you, so so much, my friend. :) Your comments have helped me a lot, and encouraged me. :) I'm so glad, that you enjoyed it and that you understood the message. :) Thank you again, a lot, my friend. :) And also, I promise I'll keep writing. ;) :D

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

So beautiful and sad, and just... OUTSTANDING!!! I love the detailed imagery you used for this piece :) Five stars for 1) Creating such an awesome poem XP 2) For the intense and vivid picture you created ^_^ 3) for the gorgeous word choice you picked out. 4) For the extraordinary message put into this 5) For YOU! CX    Please keep writing!

Thank you so much, Hanban12. :) I'm so glad like my poem, and have almost memorized it, haha. :) Thank you, so much. You have helped me, a lot. Thank you. 

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

"These glass bones..." I love that line. Immediately grabs the reader's attention. "And though she might never touch the sky, she was meant to fly, for she has wings." A wonderful description of determination, despite the odds. "Fly with me.  For there's no gravity." Perfect close to the poem. And, quite frankly, I can probably quote this whole poem and tell you what I like about each line haha XD Great job with this, please keep it up ^.^ 

Aw, thank you, 1Timothy4:12. Im glad tha you love it, and I'm so glad that it showed the vulnerable side of me. I'm really glad. :) I want people to see the vulnerable side of me. :) Thank you so much, 1Timothy412. :)

Aw, thank you, Caramel. :) Thank you, so much. 

Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” -Marilyn Monroe

5stars for doing thst one thing that all true writers must do. "cut the vein open". u bled your heart out MissEmily. I'm proud of you and your inspiring work.- 5 Caramel Kisses

PureDrawings BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona
I really do love this. it show the vulnerable side of you and makes me think. Well done :)