Vending Machine Girl | Teen Ink

Vending Machine Girl

By ..E.. GOLD, Marietta, Georgia
..E.. GOLD, Marietta, Georgia

"everything you do is insignificant, but it is important that you do them"

Am I beautiful?
-because of the curves in my body and the and the mounds on my chest and the big lump in my lower back

Am I beautiful?
-because of how symmetrical my face is and how long my legs are
-because of the extra rolls in my stomach

[Please insert the accurate change!]
[$1.25]
Sorry, worth a little more than that dollar candy in the row below. A little more expensive because of how many people buy me and the ladies lined up right behind.

So go ahead and pick me out. Open up the package and eat away chip by chip- chipping away my self-respect and my self-esteem every time. Just a little taste making you come back and want more and more, using me and using me more and more to satisfy the craving. And I leave my self-respect and self-esteem in the wrapper.

So am I beautiful to you?
-because of my body?
Cover up my head and you will have just that.
You put it in and get exactly what you want... all for a $1.25...

A part of the vending machine trade. Shiny little quarters like the jewels we ladies give up.
[Please insert the correct amount of change!]
Sorry, sir, you need 25 cents more. Apparently, this jewel is only worth that much.

Just put in the quarter. So easy. So easy to just reach in and grab what you want. So easy- because it is all put on display and nothing is covered up. Set up just for the local amusement park.

I am not a part of the vending machine. I am a girl. I am worth more than the dollar twenty-five. In fact, I’m priceless.
So am I beautiful to you?
-because of how large my chest and rump are
-because of how symmetrical my face is
-because of how much makeup I have plastered on my face to cover up who I am

OR
Am I beautiful to you?
-because I have a mind and I use it every chance I get
- even with the extra curves in my body
-even with the asymmetrical parts of my face

I am a girl. I have feelings. Embrace my soul and embrace my mind. This little gem I carry won’t be taken so easily.

[$Priceless]

But I am not a vending machine girl. Yes, I have a body, but I have a mind and a soul as well. Cover up the body, and would you really have all that. I’ll keep the chip bag intact. I won't bend my knees and break my back to be the girl you like, drive up to the partition. Not now, not anymore.
[Sorry! Please try again!]

[Sorry! Please try again!]

This vending machine is closed.

..E.. GOLD said...
..E.. GOLD, Marietta, Georgia

Thank you! And I'm glad I could be an inspiration to the world.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

AMAZING! this message is so immaculae, and I think every girl should read it! We are beautiful because of our hearts, not our hips :) Thanks for sharing this with the world! XD

..E.. GOLD said...
..E.. GOLD, Marietta, Georgia

Thank you! I write this in the bathroom lol

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

WoWW that was so Strong!! I admire what you said a lot not only cuz I'm a girl too but also cuz i don't like discrimination at all. We're Priceless!! We have a body but that's not all, we have mind and soul and a Heart especially which by the way isn't here just to get broken ;) I loved your work ^_^ Keep up the great work cuz it's certainly worth a 5 star rating :D