Teardrops | Teen Ink

Teardrops

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I walk on the ground;
Teardrops hanging around me;
All hanging on threads;
Dropping all around me.
So clear, to see the pain.
I catch them, as they tumble down to me.

I'm standing with my shadow and the footsteps, that I've left behind,
Washed in the sadness.
Someone, call my name and save me from the dark.
My heart and I weren't made for this.
Teardrops weren't made for me.

This is a poem, I just made recently. Like now, as I'm writing this. So, it's probably not good, but what I strive for is to put my feelings into my words, and I hope I did. This has a little about my past. Inspired by my wonderful, crazy God.

Thank you! To be honest, I'm shocked right now, just reading your comment about my poem. Your comment means SO MUCH. Thank you, again! You've encouraged me now, when I was just feeling down.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

I have 4 words for you, and I utter them with sincere belief;      You. Have. A. Gift.      This is more than a poem. This is a soul wrapped into words and smothered in meaning. Please continue to write, it will change somebody's life one day.

Thank you, so much! 

HayatC. PLATINUM, Louisville, Kentucky

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

I wholeheartedly agree. This is so moving and heart touching. My eyes are wet as well. WOW! Keep writing!

on Jun. 23 2014 at 11:03 am

Thank you, so much! Thank you, for caring! I wrote this while I was thinking of my past and listening to a song that my cousin sent to me. And I was thinking, well, teardrops weren't made for me. Thank you! 

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

WoW there's letterally tears in my eyes right now LOL but tears of joy cuz I finally feel like I found someone that might understand what I'm passing through. You brought out some memories that really marked my life. You do have a gift so keep going. Feel free to check out my work too and tell me what you think!