The Middles | Teen Ink

The Middles MAG

By SticksAndStones SILVER, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
SticksAndStones SILVER, Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Everyone is always talking.
Talking about:
Before. Before love. Before life. Before ­losing a hundred twelve pounds. Before the material world infests your mind with rules about shoes and lipstick shades.
Talking about:
The after. After finding your other half. After dying. After being able to fit into clothes from twenty years ago for who knows why that desire exists in some. After “being ­happy.”
But what about the in-between?
The middles?
The road there?
I have never seen the cover of Seventeen plastered with someone who isn’t there yet, someone who is on their way. Doesn’t ­anyone care about those?
About me?

AristotlesApprentice, Moultrie, Georgia
great poem! i agree with you on how you think thats how everyone lives and thats what everyone talks about. how terrible it was before, and how its either gotten better or worse, but now one talks about the most important part, the most exciting part of the trip, the road in between. revealing this part of the journey could prove that you have what it takes to strive through anything.  

AbbotRabbit GOLD, Abolana, District Of Columbia

This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxIll tell you Im an orphan after you meet myy familyXx

This poem has great flow and insight.

I really enjoyed it.

Lovely poem darling =]

XxThe Whole Time You Were Talking I Didnt Hear A Single Word You Said B/C Th3 Whole Time You Were Talking I Was Picturing You DeadXx

vickilovesu0227 SILVER, Bellefonte, Pennsylvania

"Love is giving someone the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to."

That is an amazing poem. My work is being checked so i hope you will read it!

Slanier said...
You know your right you don't see people who haven't made their way on the cover of seventeen. Not that I read it. But still they just don't care about the little people like they used to.

anonymous said...
i do