What do you do when? | Teen Ink

What do you do when?

By Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming
Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming

Just do you and let the rest blow past you

What do you do when you’ve been stabbed in the back? When the person closest to you turns on you? You don’t trust, you take everything anyone says as a lie. You reject every aspect of reality and substitute your own.
What do you do when you feel alone? When the world around you is crumbling and everything you ever wanted drifts away and you don’t notice until it’s too late? You become independent. You learn how to hit the ground and pick yourself up, You become a rebel, disregarding anything anyone has ever told you and throwing it back at them.
What do you do when you feel so worthless? When the people around you have made you feel like you aren’t worth s***? You stand up, you do something for yourself and know that if it makes you happy; it’s something to hold onto, it’s something you won’t let anyone not even the people close to you take it away.
What do you do when you have been struck down more times than you have been brought up? When everything you do is followed with a consequence? You learn to fight, you learn to turn your other cheek and tell them to give you all they got.
What do you do when you’ve been told you won’t make it in the world? When you are told that you will die or be in prison? You stop caring, you throw your middle finger in the air and walk around with a chip on your shoulder and that chip becomes your best friend.

For the rebel inside us all