Love Can Be | Teen Ink

Love Can Be

By tayfon21 SILVER, Williston, Vermont
tayfon21 SILVER, Williston, Vermont
7 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Sometimes things have to get ugly before it gets pretty" -Shae Mitchell

Love can be such a wonderful thing. Being with that one person that makes you feel so happy inside and out. They change your view on life, and even your view on yourself. They’re there for you, through the ups and downs; sticking by your side. But sometimes when things get hard, they don’t know how to handle it, or deal with what you’re going through. They’re confused about why it’s happening. They get scared and run away, leaving you there alone, to fend for yourself. They just leave. No specific reason why, besides, “You deserve better.” Don’t tell me what I do and do not deserve. If i felt like I deserved better, I wouldn’t have been with you. People just say that because it’s the easy way out; “hurts the least.” But that’s not true, because I know that’s not the real reason why. It hurts more to not know the real reason why. Because then I wonder. I wonder what I did so wrong to make you run away. Was it me? It has to be. Why else would you abandon me? You said you loved me; you say you still love me. Then why? Just tell me why? Why!? I need to move on. I don’t want to move on. I have to move on. But just tell my why…Love can be such a confusing thing.