I knew you | Teen Ink

I knew you

By butterfiled7 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
butterfiled7 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

you're done pal, hit the bricks!

YOU
I knew you, not like others knew you or how your family knew you but I knew you. I knew you as a class mate, an acquaintance, a good person. You would light up people’s day even if they were deeply saddened. You would make the hard things seem easy. You lent a helping hand to those in need. In your prime you did things you weren’t necessarily proud of to pay the bills, you sold things you shouldn’t have sold to feed your loved ones. You lived up to the point until the end. We all didn’t realize how much we would miss you. Most were devastated, some were in disbelief, and few were enraged. I fear the ones that were closest too you would seek revenge and bring woe to your takers. You knew what you do is dangerous, you knew the risk. It doesn’t take the power of nations to bring down everyone and everything you love most; it only takes the will of one man alone. I…but I knew you though. You came over sometimes and you were fair to me, you never wronged me. You left so soon though. I knew you, I still do.

a faintly knew past away friend.