Stranger | Teen Ink

Stranger

By serqio BRONZE, Baldwin Park, California
serqio BRONZE, Baldwin Park, California

dont be average, be different

I thought this time would be different.
I saw an opportunity
I saw a pretty face and a personality that reached out to me.
Most importantly I felt the “feel it” factor, but it does not matter because by the end of this story my heart is still shattered.
But I was blind.
I saw hope when it was hidden, I took a chance when it was gone, and for every time I believed, I’ve learned now that I was deceived.
With her breathe of innocence and eyes of curiosity, I was lured, I was convinced, and I was a fool.
Convinced that she was worth the hurt, and convinced that her lack of affection was a result of her shy of expression.
Like the world’s best magician, master of manipulation, convinced me of the illusion that we had was more than a magic trick, in fact authentic.
Tainted with optimism and void of realism, I continued to pursue.
I thought this time would be different.
Longing for reassurance, drowning in uncertainty, with my heart on my sleeve you were my want and my need.
But you are danger and we played the most dangerous game, risking feelings and friendship to see if we can sustain.
You were the bridge to what we could have been and could be.
But I was blind and I can’t blame you for what I could not see.
May my time, heart, and effort be embedded with my name; if you don’t “feel it” I am forced to look the other way.
I’ve tried, and now I have to say “see you later,” remember the good times, sincerely your favorite stranger.
I can’t force what is not meant, yet still
I thought this time would be different.

she inspired this. for good or bad.