Truth | Teen Ink

Truth

By TheMaskedPoet SILVER, Temple, Georgia
TheMaskedPoet SILVER, Temple, Georgia

"I wish I could be a little less dramatic, like a Kennedy when Camelot went down in Flames." -Miranda Lambert

Darkness surrounded me.
It showed no sign,
Of my release.
I had no clue
Where I could be.
Or who this voice belonged to.
The voice claimed,
To be the truth.
When it was silenced,
I was no longer blinded.
And I could see
What it claimed as truth,
Were nothing but lies.

What really is a lie? What is truth?

TheMaskedPoet SILVER, Temple, Georgia

Yeah, I really worked on using vagueness to keep it easily relatable w/o it being overly vague. Thanks for the comments!

StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

I really like this! It reads as somewhat of a confession, but it's definitely not one of those poems that only applies to the reader. You're style flows quite naturally, and it seems well put together overall. Great work!

TheMaskedPoet SILVER, Temple, Georgia

Thank you so much!!!

MissExploration BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

It Can Only Fly When It Needs To.

This poem has a very deep meaning. I could tell right when I read the first line. Great job!

TheMaskedPoet SILVER, Temple, Georgia

Thank you so much! I'm really happy that you liked the personification and thanks for saying you like it.

LaChouette GOLD, Mount Vernon, New York

“And then there are the times when the wolves are silent and the moon is howling.”
- George Carlin

This is really interesting! I had to read it twice to make sure I understood it because it felt like there was a deeper meaning behind your words. I really like how you personalized truth and lies. It was really great! Nice Job!

TheMaskedPoet SILVER, Temple, Georgia

Thanks! I'm very proud of this poem after some editing I've done to make it a little more prefer. Thank you!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I like this, it's really thought-provoking, but the wonderful thing about it is how simply and clear it was written—it was more powerful that way. I also like the idea of not knowing truth, coooool cool. Lol. Good job (: