on shame | Teen Ink

on shame

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

rain, rain, say you'll stay
gone like gold since yesterday
you keep away the shame

freezing grace, amazing gains
be the water in my veins
the lightning in my brain

rain, rain, weigh the pain
of finding august nights to blame
to keep away the shame

yeah, you keep away the shame

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

*takes a bow* Yes, I'm clever, I suppose. hahaha

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

Ahhh, I see what you did, there, you clever thing, you.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I hate it when you just want to release yourself of the past. But you can't. There's always something retaining that shame you want to discard. And it makes life so much harder to live because you're carrying that excessive and needless weight, because you're afraid of the criticism of other people, unless you're stone-cold and don't give a f*ck about what other people say about you. I like that you added a sort of playfulness to this poem, which is serious in its theme, with the repition of rain. Shame that lingers or is retained by our surroundings is no good. Liberating yourself of it renews your self. And eases Life just a little bit more. It makes it "a little more bearable".