they go out, one by one | Teen Ink

they go out, one by one

By Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Shortly afterwards, of our moonlit escapades,
we lie under the dying stars
they collapse around us and eat up whole
planets,
somehow missing ours and leaving us all
alone
in the universe,
well it's dark now, and we swear we like it, but
we miss what used to be
craters in the face
of the man in the moon, but he died along with the
supernovas and galaxies far away,
always distant
but now more-so, and it's an overwhelming thing to
feel like,
there's something you could have done
to stop it. t

Netnel GOLD said...
Netnel GOLD, Fair Lawn, New Jersey

Everything that is done in the world is done by hope.

Simply beautiful. I loved it.

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

thanks kras! love ya ;P

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

LOL, the t at the end...i don't even know. I didn't put it there on purpose. And ohmygawd, I didn't mean to steal your idea! Maybe I just loved that phrase so much it stuck in my subconscious, I'm so sorry DX. Dang, and I thought I was so original. But thanks for the review, lol, and you're awesum-sauce.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Another Editors' Choice? Girl, you're on fire. I love this poem for so many reasons. Love poems make me believe in love, even though I distrust it so much. And second, lately, I have a fascination with stars. They're so lovely. And you describe them with precise emotion and beautify them more than they already are. Another reason is that this poem reminds me somewhat of a poem I wrote similar to this one: the stars burn out one by one. (Don't worry I won't sue you for plagarism. XD) Imagery is eye-opening. I didn't get the "t" though at the end. Wonderful emotion, which I'm feeling right now, more so than ever. *sigh* Again, congrats, pimp. 

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

Another unique poem deserving of the Editor's Choice award! :D Great job! My favourite lines were "we miss what used to be/craters in the face/of the man in the moon, but he died along with the supernovas and galaxies far away." (Somehow that last bit makes me think of Star Wars.) For me, this reminds me of how in the cities there are so few stars compared to the rural areas due to all the lighting. And I really miss being able to see the stars out of my window at night; this poem gives me a serious case of nostalgia. Yet again, excellent work! :)