expired tuna in a bloated can | Teen Ink

expired tuna in a bloated can MAG

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

i cough and gag
and expel you
like an overdue hairball
stuck within my throat
some mindless lover
unsuspecting
the future heartache
i will cause him
caught my curiosity
i lick my paws
to rid myself
of the rancid taste
of you
expired tuna
in a bloated can

A mixture of inspirations here. Imagists and Beats. And a hell lot of emotions.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

That makes me feel better about my poetry. I love it when people interpretate it in unique modes. Everyone sees it one way or the other. Thank you, TheSkyOwesMeRain. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you so much. You just made my day. And ex-es are expired tuna in bloated cans. (I wouldn't know too much about this. But, I'm pretty sure they are.) And thank you about the "about me". Took me a while to come up with that. But I'm proud of it. Thank you! So so so so much. 

TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Great work here! I love the imagery you use, especially "expired tuna" and "overdue hairball" and "mindless lover". I especially like how the poem can be interpreted in a couple different ways, depending on the reader's own experiences. :)

HazelGrace said...
omg. this>>> These images are spectacularly and disgustingly unique. I love it. Like, the lover isn't just a bad taste, he's "expired tuna"  I really can't think of many foods more disgusting than that. On point, as always mckay. And can I just say that your "about me" gave me life. Okay im done going on about how awesome you are k bye :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

It is disturbing. It just came to me out of nowhere. Subconcious poem. Thanks. Though I think expired tuna would be bad for you dog. XD 

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

YUHS. I NEVER WANTED EXPIRED TUNA MORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. jkjk I'd never eat that XD I'd probably feed it to my dog. But enough of that, must I say that this is excitingly disgusting and beautifully creative and UH MAZ IIIIIIIIIIIIIING!! Great job!