if i were with you | Teen Ink

if i were with you

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

why do these endless miles
of asphalt rest between
you and me?
why do the eons of void
stubbornly separate us?
you are the sun
and i the moon—
but the expanse of light years
bound me from
your golden rays—
your warmth—
you

if just for once
we could embrace—
feeling your warmth
drowning myself with
your aroma—
body-wash and detergent—
my fingers tangled
in your golden hair
and your fingers
crawling down my spine—
without ever speaking a word
your dimples and your smile
would say it all
then for once
i’d know truly
what joy can be

I followed the advice of a fellow contemporary here on this site. I wrote this for somebody, not everybody, like I usually do. However, it turns out the somebody I wrote this for was a nobody. Literally.—Also, long distance relationships are hard too maintain. But Love makes everything possible. Right?...Except for me...-_- By the way, I don't really know why I picked this picture.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hurray! I'm so relieved you're still together. I wish you luck. "Everything'll be all right Mañana." You'll see. 

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

*hugs back* He's still my bf, I just don't see him half as much anymore. I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm lucky to still have him in my life (especially after I've told him so much about my past and such). But anyways, YOU ARE SO WELCOME! :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

At your persuasion, I will not cease to write. If one person can relate to my work so much so, then I do have a purpose in writing. Thank you for making me feel that way. And DON'T YOU CEASE TO WRITE EITHER. *hugs Krasota* I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Or ex? I dunno. Either way, I guess we're single twinsies. Here's to single life. Thanks. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. I thought so too. 

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

Awesome pic, btw.

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

*sigh* yes. I feel this way because my boyfriend and I just got separated from each other after five days together at a camp and about eight hours each day in each other's presence. And now I miss not being able to say good morning and good night to him in person and it stinks pretty badly. I just wanna thank you because I can relate to a lot of poems that you write and it feels amazing when I'm like, "Oh yeah, that happened to me, too!" Just thank you for writing and please don't stop 'cause I'm pretty sure that a big sliver of me will die if you do XDD

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

You could tell I felt strongly about this person...or nobody? I'm glad our poems can relate to each other. And yeah, most of my poems are about nobody. I don't regret writing this piece or any other one that I wrote for this non-existent person. It kind of opened me up. And your advice will always stick with me. I try to follow as much as I can whenever I'm writing something. Thank you for that advice; I'll always treasure it. And thank you for your feedback. I always appreciate your feedback. And when Teenink alerts me via email that you've commented on my work, it just makes my day. Thank you. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

Blueboy. Blueboy was a long-distance thing. So I relate to this a lot. Beautiful emotion in this poem. Favourite line has to be the "expanse of light years".. you know I'm a sucker for light years, haha :) And, hey, no shame in writing to no-one. As long as it's FOR something.. if that makes sense. Write for a feeling. Write for a place. Write for yourself, and even to yourself, for god's sake. Plenty of my poetry is for nobodies. More than you would believe. What matters is how you feel about this nobody (obviously very strongly). As long as there is a feeling, there is a poem :)   And a very good one at that :))

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm flatter that I could have such an impact on you like that. I've read one of your poem up till now. And it impacted me. And always write. Words are powerful, when used correctly. And thank you, Niquel. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, long time no see. Thank you for relating to this. It's sad. But what can we do? :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, Mabelmac. ^u^

Niquel said...
Niquel, Lipan, Texas

If you don't design your own plan, you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.

-Jim Rohn

Wow...stuff like this remind me that I want to be a writer. I want to impact people with my words, too...

on Jun. 23 2013 at 8:10 am
hemingways_daughter DIAMOND, London, Other

'Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.'
― Virginia Woolf, 'A Room of One's Own'

ohh my gosh, it's quite sad, how well i cam relate to this..

Mabelmac SILVER, Duluth , Minnesota

"Friends are flowers in the garden of life"

This is really good!