Thank You! | Teen Ink

Thank You!

By LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Tangled in your style and class
you twinkle like a sliver of glass.
Fragile and fierce with wicked eyes
you roll like thunder in the night.
Perched there on your thrones
you helped my feathers be shown.
And "through the woods" I flew
like a "little bird" with wings anew.
I've landed on "cloud nine"
where the silence guides my mind.
It rattles my lungs and tickles my bones
to hear the hush of the righteous tones.
I watch "the stars go out one by one"
as they remind me our journey's just begun.
So I ask you to join me on the silver cloud
and together we can satisfy the thrills we seek out.

This is just something I wanted to write on behalf of the people on TeenInk who have become true friends of mine. Not only have they taught me about writing, but they've taught me about myself. To a certain four people I went to their page and found my favorite poem by them and I included the titles in this poem, hence the quotations. So, to Laugh-it-Out, dragonsandthree, Mckay, and -Hopeless-... thank you!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

wow, the best gift in the world to someone is to write something for them, bet they're all downright ecstatic :) And well, I don't know what to say except that this is awfully brilliant. The way you tell the story. The metaphors fit right in. And it is so sweet really. I love this.

writefearless SILVER, Manila, Other

scare your fear before it scares you.

this is so sweet. you have just immortalized them and their work. i love people who write poems for other people, it's one of the best gifts ever :))

Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Awwww! That's so sweet! *sniffs* That was wonderful, Lexus! Good job.

on Jun. 16 2013 at 12:27 am
-Hopeless- GOLD, Hudson, Indiana

"The lines that have no rhyme, are the ones that mean the most" -Me-

"Are you with me, or will you fall to your knees?" - We came as romans-

OMG I love this so much! <3 <3 <3 thank you so much for writing this to thank us for our poems, you are one heck of a poet and it shows so much in the way you care about what others write. (: I appreciate you writing this for us <3 so so much. I just love it. You are an awesome person. I am going to write more stuff just for you.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

O.M.G. I love this poem and how you incorporated out work into it. Thank you, Lexus. It means the world to me. And you're such a great friend. Even though we've never met. This is a surprse to me. And I adore it. 5 stars. And I'm tagging it as a favorite. ^u^

Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Oh, wow, Lexus..........This is ammazing! Thank you sooo much! 15/5..

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

*sorry for all the typos

Lexus, you are honestly and completely a true friend of mine too. Right now i feel like crying tears of joy and sadness over how much this means to me. It's not so much the actually poem as it is the bought and effort if naming and organizing and thinking and caring. I wish, more than anything that i could meet you an the whole teen ink virtual family because i feel that it would be the coolest group if people ever. You have always been willing i read my work be it the good and bad and each time you comment in my work or reply to my post, a cheesy smile lights on my face and my whole day is brightened. I am sure that you are a fantastic person and that the whole if New Mexico must love you ;) i have to thank you endlessly for all your support and dedication to the site and to me and thank you for mentioning me. I live you endlessly, my virtual friend, and even in my bad days i can always count on you for a smile. So even if we never bump on the street or in a cafe, just know that you inspire me everyday and you push me to be a better poet, and I know that someday we will both meet at a famous writers convention or something's thank you Lexus. It has been a real hot getting to know you on here. Keep rockin forever because you are amazing.

on Jun. 10 2013 at 11:33 am
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I love the rythem of this piece!