False Worship | Teen Ink

False Worship

By PoetLaureate274 PLATINUM, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
PoetLaureate274 PLATINUM, Manitowoc, Wisconsin

"You have not even begun to scratch the surface of how important your life means to not only me, [y]our friends and [y]our family, but your life, which is a gift for the world that is waiting for you." - Brent Smith.

Surrounded by Nobody,
a faceless identity.
Multitudes of bodies,
a face without a name.

All pretenders,
fakes of a fake.
Shuffling masses,
following leaders who are blind.

Leaders without leading,
taking us over the edge.
The hoards of nobody,
Obey.

Obey,
say yes.
Command,
we follow.

Build up,
take down.
Climb on,
knock off.

I look around at the world and I realize how many "fake" people there are. How they just blindly follow whoever is the new big thing, and how truly bad that is for them, and for everyone. I am a strong believer in the individual, and that everyone is unique, and when I see someone trying to be someone who they are not, I just see them robbing the world of someone who could be their best friend, and instead of showing their true face, they are burying it away and pretending to be someone else.

Poetry2Love SILVER, Bronx, New York

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” ~ Helen Keller

I like it, its something that I notice often. 

thank you. it really means a lot to know someone appreciates my work this much. makes me want to keep writing after all..

Under-the-Rain GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

Are you ready to go to battle with your mind?- Written by me :)
Lost the battle, win the war//Bringing my sinking ship back to the shore- Paramore, Now

Your words just chill me to the bone, because of how good they are, you offically create art with words. Lol funny picture you picked out, but I can see the symbolism in it. Another Wonderful job well done :)