Happy | Teen Ink

Happy

By cilladoh101 BRONZE, Duluth, Georgia
cilladoh101 BRONZE, Duluth, Georgia

"When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you know"

In my little, imaginary, perfect world it would all be filled with good thoughts and love stories and gut-wrenching adventures. My secret desires and dreams would come to life, and be unashamedly beautiful.

Everyday i wish to feel happy. I don't mean to say that I'm depressed or what not because I'm not, I don't have many reasons to be. But what I mean by happy is not the "my-best-friend-just-told-a-hilarious-joke" funny, where you're laughing and smiling and whatever. I am desperately wanting to be that random happy that's warm and fills your whole body, and you know you're simply going to have a perfect day. It's a childish emotion, along with pure ignorance as well as innocence. Those three paired together is the closest thing that anyone has to magic. The reason, I have come to realize, why I don't feel that happy anymore is because I've grown up in a world filled with imperfection, and fear, and reality is harshly well reality. Before you know it, that blissful ignorance and the pure innocence of childhood is ripped from you without a second thought.