Pain, the Worst Addiction | Teen Ink

Pain, the Worst Addiction

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

He split me
in half like
a fruit is
halved with
a whet knife;
it hurt at
first but i
have grown
accustomed
to the sharp
sting; it’s now
the sweetest
feel I know;
I thirst it
everyday,
despite their
arguments.

Pain hurts us
at first, but
we always
seek it
thereafter
once we have
accustomed
ourselves
to the sharp
sensation.

Don't become accustomed to being abused—GET AWAY FROM IT! Doesn't matter who it is from.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I know. It's a tragedy. I'm trying to re-post it, with some minor change. But i'll try in the forum.

OldYoungOne said...
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You k ow what post it on the forum I wanna read it.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I have awful, simply devastating news. I just got emailed saying Besos was rejected. Apparently, it might've been too un-wholesome for the site. Although, it wasn't really. :( So sorry. I wanted you to see it. But Teenink said no.

OldYoungOne said...
Oh I will dont you worry about a thing  

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Aww, thank you. That's very flattering. 

on Apr. 18 2013 at 12:23 am
Cutey-Beauty SILVER, Ulaanbaator, Other

Soli Deo Gloria.

It feels like there should be more of this great stuff....

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow, thank you. How great is it to be fans of each others' work. And yes, I'll be glad to hit you up when I have new stuff. I have some new stuff that just came out. And newer pieces on the way. P.S. look out for Besos: you, out of everyone here, might be the interested in that poem if it is posted. Hope you like when it comes out. Fingers crossed. 

OldYoungOne said...
I love the dark feeling I get from this poem... it in a way describes to me how people fall in love with the wrong person and keep going back to that wrong person because that hurtful love is the best feeling they could ever have... at least thats what i think this poem is about. I also love the frankness of it because personally I am frankabout most things. Well done McKay i am a fan. Hit me up when you have new poetry up.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you so much!

laurengerhard SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut

"I am gone quite mad with the knowledge of accepting the overwhelming number of things I can never know, places I can never go, and people I can never be." -Sylvia Plath

"He split me in half like a fruit is halved with a wet knife." Your beginning was by far the most beautiful imagery and strongest piece of this poem. Phenomonal.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. And you should experiment with poetry. That's what it's all about. Poetry doesn't have one fixed form. It should reflect who we are as individuals.

jmitchbb SILVER, Chicago, Illinois
I love both the style and the message of this poem! I would like to try to write in some different styles of poetry like this. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

YEP it's posted. And YAY you're posted too!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

MIne got posted! YAY!

- Maya Angelou

I titled it "An invaluable Gift"......... I'll definitely check it out... Isit posted already??

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

OOPS! "can't" not "can'r". 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I can'r wait! Tell me ASAP when it's posted. I posted a new poem too "Being Teased..." will you read it? You're comments mean so much to me. What's the name of the new poem you wanna post? 

on Apr. 3 2013 at 11:16 am

- Maya Angelou

Then I shall definitely try... I'm experimenting with Haiku nowadays,, I got a new one submitted lets see when it gets posted.. hmm..... :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

The accustomed repitition I hadn't even noticed that. I really didn't want to use "used to" that sounds bland. But I probably could've picked something else. Oh, well! Anyway, thank you for the kindness and the advice. By the way, you should experiment using new different forms of poetry; sometimes it adds variety. Back then, I would only use one form of poetry. Now after reading the works of many poets, I like to emulate their work and experiment new forms of poetry. It's hard at first, but in the end it's fun.

- Maya Angelou

That is so deep. Really though I haven't read or written this kind of short line poems, this seemed so full of meaning...though I think you could use some other word for accustomes as it is used twice, or maybe did you mean for it be be repeated as a connection between them....Good poem by the way!