A Broken Mind | Teen Ink

A Broken Mind

By PoetLaureate274 PLATINUM, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
PoetLaureate274 PLATINUM, Manitowoc, Wisconsin

"You have not even begun to scratch the surface of how important your life means to not only me, [y]our friends and [y]our family, but your life, which is a gift for the world that is waiting for you." - Brent Smith.

The silence is deafening
The tempest of my mind.
In the black glass of a world forsaken
The spirit of calm untouchable by the light
Hell is loose and the demons unchained
Caught by the power of a stray lost lover

Death is easy to those it leaves behind.

I wrote this piece at 1 in the morning. Several events happened in my life and it wrought me low. These words were the only thing beating around in my brain and I had to get them out otherwise I would explode. The poem is open to interpretation, send me what you thought it meant.

actually it was the opposite. in the lines you were mentioning, the hell being loose and the demons unchained, it was actually in the next line saying that the lover caught those powers and turned them against the narrator. referencing a breakup i went through weeks before writing this

on Apr. 28 2013 at 9:42 am
Brittany-NamedTheFluffMastahNumber2 GOLD, Milford, Connecticut

The person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger.
(song)
Miss Missing You - Fall Out Boy (:

this was so good, but im not exactly sure what it meant.    im guessing it was a breaking point in life. with the demons, i believe it meant the sadness of a difficult lifestyle, and the person was losing their purpose in life, but falling in love saved them