Caf's Poem | Teen Ink

Caf's Poem

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

Morgan?
Why am I made of cells?
Why am I so vulnerable in my weak cellular condition?
Why is it so difficult to relate the spiritual aspect of my being to my physical existence?
Or is everything that every single human being that has ever lived on this earth felt a fallacy… fallacy, an idea invented by the meaning that defines it, fallacy being a product of human hormones. Everything we’ve ever thought, made, felt for, that we’ve constructed, from the beginning, from the first breath of the first genetically similar hominid mother or father of the “rational” Homo sapiens…
“Spirituality” is just the archaic explanation for what everything in the world is subject to today:
The hormones of living, pheromone-excreting creatures!
Everything, all matter in existence, is a product of chemical reactions and physics.
Did not the human race predict this before, or, should I say, lean towards believing.
Life, evolution, cycles, death, Circadian rhythms are all results of chemical reactions stabilizing to a constant or equilibrium, whether that constant expands itself of cleverly conserves itself to create little new, naïve reactions that blink expectantly at the world, trying to make spirituality make sense and fit into everything, squashing out other chemical reactions that argue and question and threaten.
Everything is a random mistake.
Chemical reactions have just happened to find a way to keep going again and again and again and again and again…..

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Really? Wow, I didn't think I could inspire some one so much so. I will definitely check out her work here on out. I'm so happy she joined. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

I thought you might like to know that your attention to this poem has inspired my Caf to create her own account here. She is TeenInk.com/users/Pareidolia :) Thank you for giving her that extra little stranger's love that we all need :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Tell her I say she a talented poet, just like her bestie. Hold on, if she writes, why doesn't she have her own page here? Caf would be amazing on Teenink. Tell her to consider it. Glad I could make your bestie's day. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

Caf WROTE this poem! She asked me to publish it here on teenink. Totally appreciated your comment. Ya made my bestie's day <3

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Caf, again. Thank you for eplaining scientific terms and whatnot in this poem. Despite the science in here—which known fact about me: I'm not really into science *headache*—but I enjoyed it. The clarity, the rhetorical questions which burdens us humans everday, and the whole poem in general. Kerouac and Ginsberg would have been proud of you had they still been alive. Honestly. Cassady might have been slightly jealous. :)