GO FORTH! | Teen Ink

GO FORTH!

By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina

I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...

I used to drown in confusion. I used to hide in a illusion. When my world fell apart that’s when I learned that I am only a human. I was kept this charade as a man with a reason and it became the masquerade of the season. Through the fog I saw I’m only a blind man, through the noise I heard what only the death can, through the pain I felt only what the numb men withstand! Day by day the only thing that kept me going is that the angels continued to say;

Go forth my faithful child!
Go forth a few more miles!
Go forth and you will soar!
Go forth and you shall not hurt no more!

I used to be consumed by desire, years went by and all my hopes and dreams burned at the fire. I was riding the raging winds of emotion, acting as though I have a plan set in motion. When the world fell apart that’s when I learned at some point everyone is a liar. I used to let anger control me, I used to walk dead scared through the streets! That all changed when I heard the angels say;

Go forth my faithful child!
Go forth a few more miles!
Go forth and you will soar!

I am set on course unknown at least for now but I know I am somewhere I am bound. Somewhere among the lost I shall be found. I was sent on a journey through suffering, couple months I've been on the road of recovering. Now I am determined to stand again! Now once more I am ready to stand and defend! Now I am ready to stand in the midst of the rain, I am ready to stand against the pain! All because I heard the angels say;

Go forth my faithful child!
Go forth a few more miles!
Go forth and you will soar!

This is mainly about how i was in a foster home and how it was so hard and stressful but it built up my good charcter points as well like my faith and creativity. it is also about how i somewhat do not know what i want to do with my future but how i will get there and be at the right spot when the time is right. i really love this poem personally and i hope all of you do too. :D