Pure Soul | Teen Ink

Pure Soul

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

My heart is my one refuge,
The only thing that I really own.
Sad fact, it’s also the one,
To metamorphosis which is prone.

Fresh like early morning dew,
It can be put in any mould
Pretty, elegant and fascinating ones,
Or even ones which are cruel and cold.

It is a lonely wandering firefly,
True destiny yearning to learn
Innocence changes to Ignorance,
If not directed at every turn.

Each emotion, passion something new,
Little known and absolutely unsuspected
That of the star to that of the atom,
All good knowledge is to be respected.

Vicious infections are but spread,
That turn my heart completely blind.
Ransack my sack, it’s what they do
Brainwash me, teach me nothing kind.

I curse those souls, those demented holds.

Those unhinged brains, falsifying my mind
Can’t think of what they’re so very proud,
And doubt if they’re even human kind.

Truth, kindness and virtues such
To them are only words.
Friendship, love and sincerity,
They think are known by nerds.

Then let’s take a stand, let’s fight
Let’s eradicate and abolish those
Who make our lives tight
Of sanity, lets give’em a dose.

And now I know, how much it counts
From the beginning, we justly guide;
The pure, sinless souls, so later they:
May, by the right path abide.

So let’s make a vow and swear an oath
Rectify and genuinely direct we sure will.
Steer them well through the dark gloams,
And will all evil sentiments kill.

on Jun. 23 2013 at 4:58 am

- Maya Angelou

Oh, Mckay! It had been so long since you read something of mine, but I suppose I haven't posted anything new in a long time :P And  I do wish to start something like that, and I have counted you in. Be sure there comes a time when I shall call upon you to aid me lead this movement. Thank you for the feedback. Thank You.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I'm with Hamza. And the last stanza just enraptured me. If you're starting a movement of opening the minds of the deceived minds, count me in. Everything about this is truth truth truth. 

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." ~Einstein

Welcome!!!

on Apr. 24 2013 at 5:12 am

- Maya Angelou

Wow that's amazing.. Thank you.

on Apr. 23 2013 at 2:42 am
Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

yes yes yes! i love your stuff

- Maya Angelou

So did you like my stuff enough to come back and read more now and then??? :P

- Maya Angelou

Hahah I guess you asked here and I commented the answer to your question on the other one....Haha.... I'm so happy.......... Thank YOU!

on Apr. 22 2013 at 2:52 am
Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

The poem conquered a site in my heart. So meaningful and genuinely true. Thanks for sharing the poem.   P.S: How did you discover me on teenink? just asking...

- Maya Angelou

Well,  actually the heart, I think, is what plays a great role in all the decisions we make, that's why I explain firstly how easily it can be influenced into making the wrong (or even right sometimes) choices....Actually this one is kind of like...well something through which I charged my anger at terrorists...I wrote it a long time ago when the anger was still fresh 'cause at that time I lived in an area much victimized by them and I heard such horrifying stories about how they misguided little kids into believing that blowing themselves up (which is completely non-sensical) was in fact a straight ticket to heaven....I was SO ANGRY and could do nothing about it...They were portraying such a bad image of Islam in front of the world...extremists are everywhere..but these they took extremism to the limit.. I hate them so much even though I don't really know who "They" are...Wow, I can feel it all again now reading it after so long again now...I hope you can get the real message now and understand why it is like it is. Glad you enjoyed the imagery. :D Hope I can post more that interests you. Regards. :)

- Maya Angelou

Thank You for taking the time out to read it. I'm glad you liked it... :D

Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

I really liked this poem; really different than what i've seen before. It was a really thought stimulating piece. Nicely written.

nmk1128 SILVER said...
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

It's a very interesting poem - more like an anthem to the end. I'm a little confused as to why you started off talking about the heart and then derailed, in a way, to emotional and then eventually into this "call for arms" type anthem. However, I did enjoy your diction and imagery; it gave me great "mind pictures" to play with while I read.