Scars | Teen Ink

Scars MAG

By Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Gold spills from her eyes, designing
A tattoo 'cross her face.
It paints her parted lips, after it
Cups her cheeks like lace.
A pattern cut like diamonds, etching
Sharp-edged, fine gold stars.
Rimmed by swirling tendrils, reaching
Cuts her face like scars.

Oftentimes pain can seem beautiful to others, when you wear yours like a mask,

elycavill SILVER, Samobor, Other

Leave nothing but footprints,
Take nothing but pictures,
Kill nothing but time.

Amazing in how few lines are needed to say so much, you nailed it! Great! :D

TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

This is beautiful :) I am speechless. 

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Aww, thank you! :) I appreciate it a lot.

AcidRoses SILVER, Elmont, New York

"Many that live deserve death and some that have died deserve life, can you give that to them? Do not be to hasty to deal out death and judgement, even the very wise cannot see all ends."

"Can't get no more free randy!"

Wow... just Wow. Amazing.  It's people like you that keep me from getting in to the magazine lol. Wonderful job. Congratz on getting in. Represent for the rest of us x)

bethanyebethany BRONZE, Clinton, Tennessee

"I would love to be made perfect, but instead, I have the grace of God." -Audio Adrenaline

This is one of the best things I've ever read!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Thanks!! :D

StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

I really like this poem. :) The imagery is really powerful, and the rhyme sceme seems very natural. And again, congrats on getting published! :) I am so happy for you. :D

Gwen_Elizabeth BRONZE, Fishers, Indiana

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
-Dr. Seuss

sooooo good! YAY you got in da magazine! SO PROUD OF MY BESTIE LOOOOOVE U :P <3

IndigoElisabeth SILVER, Woodbury, New Jersey

John 1:1

Congratulations on getting in the magazine!!!!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

So true, It's okay when someone else suffers; but when we're the victims suddenly it's not okay. What a messed up world we live in! You imagery is perfect and the message is exquisite. 5 stars. And an AMEN! from me, McKay. 

on Apr. 4 2013 at 2:04 am
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Thanks!!! :)

laurengerhard SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut

"I am gone quite mad with the knowledge of accepting the overwhelming number of things I can never know, places I can never go, and people I can never be." -Sylvia Plath

This piece is so unique and the imagery is perfect.

on Mar. 12 2013 at 6:40 am
thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

You write impressively. Thelast four lines were especially beautiful.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

You're Welcome!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Thank you!

- Maya Angelou

One word: Beautfiul.   I love the way you put it.

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Thank you! I did that to compare something beautiful "stars" with something painful like "scars" cuz things aren't always what they seem. :) I appreciate your feedback!!

redhairCat PLATINUM, Pebble Beach, California

"I can do anything!"

Very precise with your wording! I liked it a lot - it was very intense and i liked the "stars" "scars" rhyme.  

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Thank you! That's what I was trying to express:)

OldYoungOne said...
I agree with her. It makes me think about my own pain and my own mask I use. Great job