Snowflakes | Teen Ink

Snowflakes

December 6, 2012
By OxygenLovelies SILVER, Pittston, Maine
OxygenLovelies SILVER, Pittston, Maine
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
There are worlds out there where the skies are burning, where the sea sleeps, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there is danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere the tea is getting cold... - DW


The snow fell slowly. Swirling, swirling, swirling. What I wouldnt give to be a snowflake, swirling, swirling, swirling. I could float down from the sky, slowly. Landing on a small childs nose. I could watch their eyes light up with wonder and happiness. I would melt quickly, just in time for the child to turn to there mother with screams of joy, but be disappointed at the fact that I was gone. In that moment I would be infinite. I, the snowflake, and that small child would have shared a moment, so intimate that no two humans could even possibly think to recreate it. If I were a snowflake I would twirl ever so slightly as I crashed to the ground, twirl just enough to let the sun glint off of me for less then a second, just enough to catch the eye of an aging man, and fill him with christmases from long ago. If I were a snowflake I would love the world with all I had, even if it was only for a moment. I would gracefully crash to the ground, onto a small rabbits hole, laughing as he poked his head out to see what all the commotion was. If I were a snowflake I would not mind the death, the slow painful melting, the crumpling under the boots of young and old alike. I would love the world for all that it has to offer, and the world would love me, for all the different reasons. The world would love to hate me. But I am not a snowflake.