My Lord | Teen Ink

My Lord

By SSSplatters PLATINUM, Plainview, Minnesota
SSSplatters PLATINUM, Plainview, Minnesota

"What does not kill you makes you stronger!" or
"Your only limits are the ones you set on yourself" Love doesn't bring happiness, happiness can just happens to be found easier where there is love-- Sam

In the garden, until the end of time, without any reason or rhyme, He was there. From sunlight cascading through gilded glass to shine a light on our path. Even though our eyes cannot see, He waits to catch us in time of need.

My Lord is not wealthy, or on covers of magazines. He is what He is, and will always be the only thing you ever need. Some wear rubies, diamonds, or pearls; but this cross around my neck is the most precious gem in the world. To those who believe a place in his kingdom there will always be.

If you look, you will see sins, treachery, and ghastly greed; and all live inside you and me. Do not fret; put your mind at ease, for My Lord forgives all of these. So my friend you will see there is a place for you and me, and in My Lord’s kingdom that will unequivocally be.

Some may ask “How can this be?” I tell you most simply. How merciful My Lord is to let you in His kingdom, He loves us so perfectly; but if you don’t agree Satan will welcome you most certainly. To the clouds and through the gate endless wonder shall not abate. My Lord will welcome us in his kingdom with open arms, and you shouldn’t worry He won’t let demons do you harm. Be warmed by the Satan’s unholy fires or, by the glistening sunlight.
It’s not my fight, so find what you think is right.

I dedicate this to my great grandmother who watches me write this from heaven.

Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

I liked it, for the most part. The only problem is the rhythm. I'm not saying that I don't make this mistake often, but I do think that this poem could have been a lot better had it been in rhythm. I liked it. Keep it up. :D 4/5.

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

This is So lovely and great! it makes me just want to go to church again. I love how it's worded right and the flow and imagery and how it just wraps you in warmth when you read it well done again. :D 5/5 stars for sure!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

This is pretty cool. Well written. 5/5

"sammy" ...... when did that become my nickname

Good job sammy! One of my fav poems of yours and i love that u dedicated the poem to your great grandmother! that is very sweet!