Do you give in | Teen Ink

Do you give in

By raechelle PLATINUM, Guthrie, Oklahoma
raechelle PLATINUM, Guthrie, Oklahoma

the way that i see it, if you want the rainbow, you must first put up with the rain.

When you tried your best and its not your end results, should you turn it all in and just give up, when things at first seem to be going right, but you get closer to your dream they out of sight, do you give in, when you given your all and it hurts inside, but you take the pain and swallow your pride, and it make you look the way opposite of sky, and your hopes and dreams just died, do give you give in. you try so hard, you try your best, but in the end there's no progress, your not getting it all you just getting less, you want to say screw it all and release this stress, but do you give in, your doing 100 but to others its slack, your running the race but looking at someones back, you finish in 2ND but you don't get jack, but still do you give in, every year your in the championship game, but every year the results the same, you get no trophy, you get no ring, all you get is shattered dreams, but still do you give in, when all yo dreams and all your hope, just make you feel so low, it make you just want to sleep on the floor, make you want to get your stuff and hit the door, but do you give, when your dreams that once was possible now become impossible, and your goals that was unstoppable now becomes stoppable, when everything you did was interesting and unique,now seem hopeless powerless, and weak, and everything seems to be out of reach, but still do you give in, when the love of your life leave you for another person, it hurts so bad that you have tears in your eyes, you look up into the sky and sometimes just ask why, but still do you give in, when your best friend is dead and gone, and it has you singing a sad song, and make you think that everything is wrong, but still do you give in, I looked at my feet but don't like the sight, so I looked towards the place that always has a light, a person that wont go down out without a fight, but still do you give in, I looked in the mirror and what did I see, a person who's smart, pretty, and unique, a person that was down on theirs knees, wondering will the pain just ease, a person that been in some much crap, a person that should of been done said screw it, but the person in the mirror told me no, and told me that we will choose this door, and this door will lead you to the path of success, so the answer to your question do you give in' is the opposite of yes