Unspoken Forest | Teen Ink

Unspoken Forest

By writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts
writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"it's impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all-in which case you fail by default."
-J.K.Rowling

The white feathers
cover the ground like a blanket
keeping it sheltered
and hidden.
The setting sun
casts long shadows
over the quiet forest.
Tree limbs grab
at the leaves slowly drifting
to
the
ground.
The wind whispers things
into the peaceful air
carrying messages from place to place
And adding little comments ?that the unspoken forest
doesn’t dare utter

I wrote this poem because I was going through my English notes from last year and I found a few pages on nature. It was part of a "virtual field trip." It had some poetic comments about stuff so I decided to turn some of them into a poem. Hope you like it!

so_joy SILVER said...
on Jan. 13 2013 at 11:05 am
so_joy SILVER, Navesink, New Jersey

"Be the change you want to see."

Great imagery! Amazing work! It would mean a lot if you looked at my work and let me know what you think. Thanks!

thatgirl99 BRONZE, Darien, Connecticut
I really enjoyed reading this poem.  Beautiful imagery of nature was conveyed through your word choice.  I would appreciate if you could check out some of my work on this site.  Thank you. 

on Dec. 14 2012 at 3:49 am
HateKnuckle SILVER, Peru, New York
Very nice. One of the few times when no rhyming does not hinder what i think about the poem. loved the imagery with the white feathers. Would appreciate it if people would put feedback on my poem Because I'm Dead.

Pargaran SILVER, New Glasgow, Other

"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Great work!! I must agree with Mr. Kuttner, I love the way you wrote this! Made it interesting. :)

Mr. Kuttner said...
Wow!  Those must have been some notes!  I  love what you do with the lines (slowly drifting/to/the/ground; from place to/place).  Powerful imagery; beautiful stuff here!!! And the age old question- "To rhyme or not to rhyme (that is the question)"- Whitman would be proud,as am I!! 

CelebrateDifferences, Long Island, New York

“Gods of Olympus.” Piper stared at Leo. “What happened to you?”
His hair was greased back. He had welding goggles on his forehead, a lipstick mark on his cheek, tattoos all over his arms, and a T-shirt that read HOT STUFF, BAD BOY, and TEAM LEO.
“Long story,” he said.”

Nice poem, it sounds like the poem is one with nature. It would sound better with rhyming but overall, good work.

encupcake SILVER, Surrey, Other

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Great personification.