Music Box Dancer | Teen Ink

Music Box Dancer

By ailurophile BRONZE, 20 Minutes From Everything, North Carolina
ailurophile BRONZE, 20 Minutes From Everything, North Carolina

I've got one foot in the darkness and the other one in a Hello Kitty roller skate

music box dancer
wind you up and watch you spin
a flounceless skirt
an endless but flawless arabesque
the twinkle of light, starry music
a memory of your melody
forever stuck, forever perfect
music box dancer

This poem makes very little sense. But I was randomly thinking about the dancers in music boxes, and here's what I ended up with.

Thanks!! :D And wow, I will add you! Mine is Jubilant1234

HopeIsWhatWeCrave GOLD, Rowlett, Texas

[Frodo] How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on... when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend... some hurts that go too deep... that have taken hold.

_________________

[Pippin] I didn't think it would end this way.
[Gandalf] End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
[Pippin] What? Gandalf?... See what?
[Gandalf] White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
[Pippin] Well, that isn't so bad.
[Gandalf] No... No it isn't.

_________________

[Frodo] I can't do this Sam.
[Sam] I know. By rights we shouldn't even be here, but we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo, the ones that mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end, because how could the end by happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even the darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. The folk in those stories had plenty of chances of turning back only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding onto something.
[Frodo] What were they holding onto, Sam?
[Sam] That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for

That's a really nice poem! I really like it.  =)   P.S. What's your Stardoll username? I'm on there too. Mine's LastUnicornLady