Monster | Teen Ink

Monster

By AngelBaby94 GOLD, Kingston, Tennessee
AngelBaby94 GOLD, Kingston, Tennessee

An Eye For An Eye Will Only Make The World Blind

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.- Maya Angelou

Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning. Maya Angelou

There's a monster in my bed. Don't you see her? She's the one with skin as pale as moonlight. See the scars that mar her arms? Why does she cause herself such harm?

There's a monster in my closet hidden among the dirt and dust bunnies. She's the one with eyes the color or sorrow and heart as wild as flames.

There's a monster in my bathroom. Her blood lust is strong. Watch her as she pushes the blade deep into her arm. Stare at the crimson tears she has caused her skin to weep. Look at her. She's so pathetic, so weak.

There's a monster in my mirror. She all her little flaws? She's got these pills that will erase them all...

on Jun. 24 2012 at 11:50 am
AngelBaby94 GOLD, Kingston, Tennessee

This is an old poem that I found in one of my junk boxes, so no I don't feel like that now. And thank you. :)

albinotiger GOLD, Gloucester, Massachusetts

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win"- Stephen King
“In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate”- Isaac Asimov

I hope you are not feeling all these things because now one deseves to hurt themselfs . . . but wow can you write! that poem scares me so good job :)