Can we make it? | Teen Ink

Can we make it?

By Just-Another-Girl GOLD, Keighley, Other
Just-Another-Girl GOLD, Keighley, Other

- "A coward may survive...but a hero..a hero lives on in the hearts of the people he saved"

- "Words don't have the power to hurt people, unless the person who said it means a lot"

-
You say that love is nonsense. I tell you it is no such thing._

Broken tears wet hearts
Always close but worlds apart
Blood stained faces
Injured faces

Can we make it?

Hot wind gushing Cold sun shining
Adults weeping Children whining

Can we make it?

Water still never flowing
Soldiers Moving, Rowing
Across the pool to the other side
Were families lay with there pride

We made it!

This piece is about soldiers rowing back to see there family after the war. It is showing the confusion and mixed emotion. How whilst they are rowing back they are thinking of nothing but can we make it? Then they make it back and it all makes sense again, there is no confusion of words just simple triumph and happiness

casperwatson PLATINUM, West Hartford, Connecticut
I love this  

Hiroshi-Oniisan-Chugi PLATINUM, Portsmouth, Virginia

"We have nothing to fear, but Fear itself." -F.D.R.

this speaks to me in a personal way.whenever my father was deployed over seas,i always wondered when he would come back. then when i finally swa him again,i would rush and give him a huge hug( for i was around 4-6 years old).i never wanted to see him leave again. but now,it is my turn to share the duty of helping to protect this great country of ours,i just hope it wont be as hard for my children as hard as it was for me

TraceBatWingsAndBrokenStrings DIAMOND, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

"This gun has stopped time in its tracks, has altered the course of our fate. Destiny is shattered and timeless. Closed eyes feel the cold winds embrace."
-Avenged Sevenfold

This reminds me of a piece I wrote, and as such, I like this one. No one writes about things like this anymore, so it's nice to see this. Good job.

on Jun. 30 2012 at 11:25 am
Just-Another-Girl GOLD, Keighley, Other

-

Thank you :) hehe 

BlackTalon said...
on Jun. 30 2012 at 11:22 am
BlackTalon, School, Minnesota
I also love it, especially the "Blood stained faces, Injured faces" and "Hot wind gushing, Cold sun shining"

on Jun. 11 2012 at 2:55 am
Just-Another-Girl GOLD, Keighley, Other

-

thanks hun, i dont think it makes much sense but it is ment to be disjointed and confusing so thats a good thing i guess. Did you get the meaning behind it?

on Jun. 11 2012 at 2:50 am
TheNerdGirl PLATINUM, Glen Ellyn, Illinois

Shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll still end up among the star's

i love it  its short and simple and good i love it